We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our our growing EMEA tax team based in Glasgow. In this role you will work closely with our Tax Director, supporting all areas of the business in respect of direct and indirect taxes.
Your key responsibility is for EMEA direct and indirect tax compliance, reporting and advisory.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage EMEA tax compliance processes for all taxes, direct and indirect. This will include:
- reviewing all computations and returns,
- ensuring accurate and timely submission to tax authorities
- managing relationships with external advisers and compliance providers
- managing relationships with local and central finance teams
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Manage all tax payments due to tax authorities and ensuring timely payment
- Manage preparation of corporation tax provision for local statutory accounts, this will involve managing and developing the relationship with the external tax audit team
- Prepare or review US GAAP quarterly tax reporting packs for the group's US parent
- Involvement in balance sheet tax reconciliations within ERP system
- Participate in managing relationships with tax authorities
- Assistance with EMEA advisory projects
- Ensure SOX requirements are fully met.
What we offer you:
- CTA qualification or equivalent with at least 2/3 years post qualification experience is preferred.
- Strong tax technical knowledge essential with a good understanding of tax accounting principles
- Knowledge of EMEA tax is preferable but not necessary
- Awareness of US GAAP is preferable but not necessary
- Practical experience applying up to date knowledge in either a Practice or Industry environment.
- Ability to manage and adhere to challenging deadlines.
- Ability to keep technical knowledge updated
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication skills in all formats.
We want Gallagher to be
organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to join, we'd love to hear from you. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, give us a call to chat through the options.About Us:
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture motivated by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.