Amplifi Talent are retained by a well known manufacturer to recruit a strong and credible Finance Manager to their busy finance team in Lanarkshire. This business is also offering a hybrid working pattern of 3 days office / 2 from home which will appeal to many who are looking to readdress their work/life balance.
The successful candidate will support the UK business to undertake the production and control of management accounting aspects of the business with a focus on sales and margin analysis, Inventory, WIP and job costing. The role offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic finance professional to make a difference in an exciting and fast-paced environment. Key to this role is the ability to interpret financial results through analysis and to clearly communicate these concepts to drive improved financial performance of the business.
Reporting directly to the UK Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the following:
- Accountability for reporting and analysing financial results to gross margin combined with associated balance sheet areas such as; inventory, WIP, GRNs, job loss provisions, unbilled and deferred revenue etc.
- Oversight and management of the transactional finance team
- Develop reporting and analysis for key inventory moves identifying areas such as slow moving inventory towards improved company standards and practice. Ensure accuracy of cost processing within inventory so that robust inventory valuations are recorded.
- Seek to record and put in place remediation for out of process errors in processing.
- Identify and explain key margin variances to establish root causes and delve deep to identify any financial lessons learned.
- Recognise revenue and costs in line with contract and revenue standards.
- Take ownership of special revenue recognition types such as percentage of completion reporting.
- Liaise with project and operational managers to ensure accurate reporting and analysis including job costing for larger jobs.
- Drive month end cut off routines to ensure all costs are completed within their correct period.
- Produce reconciliations in key areas identified and identify key items that impact the working capital or financial results of the business.
- Ensure that corporate financial reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner with all queries and variances tackled in a detailed manner.
- Feedback operational performances to department managers to enable financial performance improvements to be attained including meeting with departments during the month.
- Develop Management Accounting processes to streamline and systemise so that more analysis time may be allowed.
- Maintain ownership for undelivered schedule and support packs
- Prepare multi-currency cashflow forecasts incorporating operations forecasts, live ledger detail and current AR intelligence.
- Ensure all system entries and estimations have full documentation attached.
- Qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced Excel skills and strong IT literacy around financial systems.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels to translate and simplify management information for key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of process development and controls.
- High attention to detail and an ability to analyse key margin variances to understand root causes.