Keen to further your career in a financial systems-focused role? Want to play a leading role in an upcoming systems implementation project? Looking for the opportunity to work for an inspiring charity whose work impacts that lives of vulnerable people across the UK?
If yes, this could be the role for you!
My client is a North-London based charity who are currently seeking a Systems Manager to join their dynamic team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of IT, you will be the subject matter expert for all things related to the Finance system, from operation the charity's help desk, to playing a critical role in the roll-out of their new cloud-based system.The key duties of this Systems Manager role include but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for any system-related queries from both financial and non-financial users across the charity, investigating and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Take the lead in the delivery training and workshops for new members of staff and all internal system users, ensuring they are able to navigate it effectively.
- Manage a small team of Systems Accountants.
- Provide invaluable input to the development and configuration of the system, closely analysing how the system interacts with other areas of the business and making improvements as needed.
- Play a leading role in the implementation of the charity's new finance system, from researching potential software and presenting conclusions to management, to conducting tests and ensuring data accurately migrates from the old accounting system.
- Establish strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including Suppliers, Auditors and Senior Budget Holders.
This unique opportunity comes at an exciting time for the charity as they have recently undergone a massive period of change and there are now several new projects on the horizon that this position will play a key part in. Although there are some excellent flexible working arrangements on offer, please note that applicants must live within a commutable distance from their offices in North London. The successful candidate for this Systems Manager role will have:
- Fully qualified as an accountancy professional.
- Demonstrable experience of having led a systems transformation process.
- Preferably, experience using a cloud-based system or Open Accounts.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Ideally, a background working in the charity sector, but this is by no means essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested, please apply ASAP as applications are under continuous review and my client is looking to schedule interviews on a rolling basis.