Data & Analytics Manager, £45,000 - £53,000, Didcot (Flexible working)
MARS Recruitment is proud to have partnered with an organisation who are improving lives around the world. Due to natural growth they are looking for a Data & Analytics Manager who will be working closely with Software & Data Engineering Director and the Software Engineering Manager to design, develop and maintain web apps, mobile apps, machine learning solutions and data products. If you're a Data & Analytics Manager who wants to contribute to improving the world we live in, then this is definitely the right company and career for you.
This is a new position for the company so they are looking for someone who can take initiative and is comfortable mentoring and leading teams.
The right candidate will have knowledge in multiple data technologies to allow you to assess the coaching needs of the team and support them in learning key skills throughout the data science pipeline.
You will need to have developed or run data and machine learning projects, and are familiar data manipulation and computational statistics technologies such as Python or R.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Manage the Data & Analytics Team. Core skills are in SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio and MarkLogic. Skills in analytics and machine learning are being pursued with successful work packages delivered
- Coach the team to develop their skills, particularly in data science
- Support the Software & Data Engineering Director
- Discover and refine business requirements for data products
- Ensure effective collaborative working between IT and the data scientists in the business. Helping IT to provide core skills in data platforms and data preparation
- Ensure good data architecture in new products and iteratively improve existing systems
- Liaise with the Data Policy & Practice group and ensure that data products meet appropriate ethical and governance standards
- Demonstrate innovations to the business
- 5+ years running or developing data solutions
- Experience of the whole data science pipeline
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Working in Agile
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).