"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence." - Jessica Guidobono.
Our client is seeking a Power BI Expert to work on a 6-month project. The purpose of this project is to enable the company to significantly reduce the time taken to produce information and therefore allow a great focus on the analysis. The successful candidate will be fully dedicated to designing and producing key reports.
Power BI has been introduced to the company over the last year and is already radically improving their ability to analyse and present data to all parts of the business to enable faster, stronger understanding and informed decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define a plan for and develop a suite of core Power BI models for use within both desktop and dashboard environments which will form the basis for internal review and external reporting
- Development of new data models and refinement of existing data models bringing together data extracts from SAP, SAP BI, BPC and other data as required in order to simply visualisation development for Income, Expenditure, Cash and other Balance sheets
- Document and data map the inputs to and transformations within the suite of Power BI models
- Develop, refine and rationalise data stored for Power BI use
- Engage with stakeholders to validate outputs to ensure common understanding
- Provide input to and work closely with the team undertaking development of the business warehouse to ensure data used in all power BI models are available in sufficient detail to provide a seamless transition from local storage to BW inputs to Power BI
- Collaborate with SFBPs, RFMs, FDs and other business colleagues to obtain regular, timely, accurate detailed complex financial data and information for all components of the company and ensure it is an integrated coherent whole that can be incorporated as high quality, timely financial information and advice in management reports and budget papers
- Build skills and capability in wider finance community and beyond in use of Power BI
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Very strong Power BI skills and experience, including drawing data from a number of sources
- Very strong experience of data management and financial reporting
- Good understanding of accounting systems and data warehouses
- Experience of collaborative working across functions
- Experience of training advantageous
- Ideally non-profit sector and understanding of complex global organisations
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.