1. Product Marketing Manager - FT / Home based (hoping to have a Birmingham base soon)
My client is seeking a Full-time Product Marketing Manager in the UK. If you have Product Marketing, and SaaS experience, please read on.
Acting as a core product advocate, you as the Product Marketing Manager will understand the product feature set and its benefits and clearly articulate the value proposition through messaging, marketing collateral, sales materials and thought leadership content. You will tell the market and our Customers the story of the product.
- Key role for the go-to-market team: Works collaboratively with Sales, Product Management, Marketing Communications, and other teams to drive growth and customer success.
- Messaging: Develop product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate the product in the market.
- Content: Owns and creates content (e.g. data sheets, infographics, solution briefs, white papers, user guides, web tutorials, web content, presentations, sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, release announcements) to articulate the benefits of the product, that aligns with the buying process and help move prospects & customers through the sales cycle.
- Sales enablement: Partner with Product Management team to communicate the value proposition of the product to the sales team. Develop the sales tools and training that support the selling process of the product. Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Product launch: Plan the launch of new related products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Customer Intelligence: Be the expert on buyers of the product, how they buy and their buying criteria. Obtain insights into customers' usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Market/Competitor Intelligence: Be the expert on competition. Follow and analyze market trends to differentiate and position the product, and identify new required capabilities.
- Social Presence: Oversee and optimize the companies, its leadership team and the products' presence and performance on priority social channels.
- Industry Events: Plan, co-ordinate and execute industry and company-led events
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives.
- Communication skills: The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the 'story' of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Bachelor's in marketing or related discipline.
- 6+ years of product marketing experience preferably in a related industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in market and competitive analysis.
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain process and marketing documentation.
- Ability to create, update, and maintain training documents.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
- Proven track record of executing successful product launches and external marketing events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative presentations.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring to life the product.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time to address multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Metrics-driven and analytical; proven ability to prioritize, drive, and achieve results through self and others under time pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Word-press, Marketing software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics etc.)