Salary: up to £63,000, plus performance bonus and benefits We are Together
-Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together
as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
We are looking for a Senior Assistant Company Secretary
to join us on an 18 month FTC.
You will proactively assist and support the Company Secretary. You will work closely with and supporting the Group and Regulated Boards, Committee's and senior management. Job Description Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Company Secretary in developing and implementing a functional strategy
- Management and support of Board and board-level committee meetings. This includes agenda planning, arranging meetings and taking minutes and actions.
- Drafting board and shareholder resolutions where required
- Monitor external developments on matters of corporate governance and any relevant legislation, regulation or guidance which may affect the group
- Manage relationships with any external service providers.
- Monitor the quality of Board and Committee papers and processes and identify, recommend and implement improvements
- Support the Company Secretary in reviews of governance arrangements in the company, to establish whether they are still fit for purpose and appropriate and whether improvements should be made
- Ensure that existing policies are updated or amended where appropriate in response to changes in guidelines, legislation or regulation
- Draft amendments to the Articles of Association where required and file at Companies House
- CSQS qualified, with 3 years experience working in the company secretarial field
- Excellent technical knowledge of company law and corporate governance arrangements
- Able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of company secretarial practice
- Strong experience in minute and action taking
- Excellent understanding of regulatory requirements/expectations and developments in the corporate governance field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Effective at prioritising competing interests and responsibility, always acting with diplomacy
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adopt a pragmatic approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competence using MS Office applications
- Previous experience in the Financial Services sector
- Management experience with a team
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday, entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications. *please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.