Role: Account Manager
Up to 30K base with bonusPRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To secure new and repeat business through actively developing and maintaining client relationships, taking a proactive approach to seek new business opportunities through new clients and business growth.
To achieve personal sales targets in line with business strategies and identify opportunities for increasing profile of the business and sales.
To support the Sales Team when required and to ensure the booking diary is used in an optimum way and with a "what is best for the business attitude".KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
SKILLS, BEHVAVIOURS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proactively plan for future sales and develop a personal business strategy
- Achieve growth levels for margin and revenue as stipulated by annual targets
- Develop deep understanding of the costs involved and make recommendations where improvements can be achieved
- Identify and develop opportunities for New Customers and New Market Sectors as well as responding to reactive enquiries, to actively securing new business as well as increasing revenue opportunities
- Monitor performance on key accounts to ensure that timelines and deadlines are adhered to at all times and that customer satisfaction is achieved for repeat business
- Undertake regular face to face meetings with clients both on and off site.
- Maintain existing customer base as measured by number of customers, revenue and margin
- Report on activities, progress and discuss key issues
- Maintain records on clients and sales activity
- Maintain sales reports and complete accurately and in timely fashion
- Ensure customers comply with company terms and conditions of trading - prepare documentation to ensure all contractual details covered off
- Meet all weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting requirements
- At least 3 years Business to Business (B2B) sales experience ideally within the Corporate or Events Industry market.
- Proven track record of delivering and managing effectively your sales teams targets.
- Be a driven and self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record of successfully winning new business and building relationships with clients.
- Account management experience and an understanding of the full sales lifecycle.
- Skilled in identifying new markets and opportunities to generate new leads.
- Drive and energy to succeed - must have a 'hunting' attitude and tenacity for the sale.
- Ability to understand the commercial drivers of the business as well as the creative ones.
- Strong relationship builder and assertive style, good facilitation and influencing skills.
- Commercial flair with sound financial analysis Must be able to understand and develop business development plans that can deliver against a sales targets.
- Highly motivated - able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
- Can think 'outside the box' and see bigger picture as well as the detail.
- Resilient and tenacious; Be confident and charismatic; Calm under pressure
- Computer literate - Microsoft packages, word, power point and Excel
- Experience with sales presentations and presenting to senior management
- Extensive experience in all aspects of customer relationship management
- Proven skills with the ability to drive sales and increase revenue
- Impeccable presentation, articulate and driven to exceed all targets