About The RolePermanentHours: 35hrs p/wDays: Monday- FridayLocation: 175 St John Street, EC1V 4LW
Place2Be are excited to be recruiting for an exciting new opportunity as the Head of Legal and Compliance.
Based at the head office in Central London, you will be responsible for providing legal and regulatory advice and managing an interestingly diverse range of matters relating to the overall day-to-day operations and strategic development of the Charity. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing the Charity's policies and improving existing processes.
As the first point of contact for Employment, Data Protection, Contracts and legal and compliance matters the role is extremely varied and requires a combination of both strategic thinking and 'hands on' application.
Furthermore, you will report directly to Chief Financial Officer and through your role have the opportunity to communicate and negotiate with external parties (stakeholders, regulators, counsel, statutory authorities) creating effective relationships and building trust.
You will also have access to expert advisers and pro bono specialists in a range of areas and also our trustee board and corporate partners (including our pro bono relationships with notable law firms)What will I be responsible for in my new role?You will:
Diversity and Inclusion
- provide legal advice to the Executive Team and Board of Trustees (where necessary) to ensure legal compliance in all matters
- work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to help the organisation and stakeholders to focus on minimising and managing strategic and operational risks
- oversee the Charity's Risk Register and operational Risk Tracker and provide regular reports to the Executive Team and the Risk Committee
- provide legal advice and ensure data protection compliance in the capacity as Data Protection Officer for Place2Be
- draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and transactional documentation
- review Place2Be's Compliance Milestones, ensuring milestones have been met at set dates and report back to Risk Committee
- advise on various areas of legal compliance including data protection and freedom of information issues, employment/equality, TUPE, regulatory, charity, education law, copyright, governance, DBS matters, safeguarding, pensions
- assist with the maintenance of statutory records and returns in accordance with company law
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse groups.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.About YouThe successful candidate will have
Interview dates: Thursday 21st October 2021 ZOOM Video InterviewIn return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- a Law undergraduate degree, LPC, or GDL qualifications will also be considered
- a Qualified lawyer (England and Wales) PQE (5 years +)
- experience of working within a law firm and charity
- knowledge and experience of Data Protection, GDPR, ICO guidance, Employment law, Contract law is essential
- an understanding and appreciation of confidentiality and discretion in which the charity has to operate
- previous administrative /compliance/legal experience, especially drafting and negotiating agreements
- previous experience of managing a team
- excellent time management and the organisational and communication skills required to manage an efficient team
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK's most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It's sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To apply or to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website for further details.