Our client, a successful family-run business, is looking to hire a hands-on company accountant. You will report directly into the business owner and take full responsibility for the finance of the operation.
Duties will include:
- Full responsibility for sales, purchase and nominal ledgers
- Maintaining ledgers to trial balance
- Producing monthly profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Operating payroll and completing associated monthly and annual returns
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries
- Producing annual budgets
- Ensuring compliance with VAT, PAYE and other tax matters.
The role will suit someone who is:
- AAT qualified (ideally) or an accountant who is suitably qualified by experience
- Able to work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Experienced and confident in liaising with senior people within an organisation
- Commercial in outlook with a desire to fully understand the businesses and business models
- Experienced in Sage (advantageous but not essential).
This is a full-time/permanent role, however part-time reduced hours may be considered for a suitably experienced/qualified accountant.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within 14 days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.