Ignata Finance are working with a tech business based in Brighton for the recruitment of a Management Accountant. This is an exciting role where you will be given an opportunity to support the Finance Controller with the production of the management accounts.
There are several key areas of responsibility, overseeing effective running of the ledger function, monthly management accounts preparation, monthly reconciliations and general support to other roles within the wider finance team. To be successful in this role you will be highly commercial. You will very quickly develop a strong understanding of the business in order to identify both new opportunities, and margin improvement opportunities. You will be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. This role will be challenging, as your multiple priorities will change as they operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally have the following:
* Experience of assisting & owning the production of the management accounts; budgets, cashflow forecasting, variance analysis & commentary for non-finance leaders
* Confident using Excel (Pivots/VLookups)
* Creating commercial & insightful analysis and able to demonstrate using examples to inform decision-making
* Responsible for the production of budgets, forecasts and cash reports.
* Ensure reports are provided in timely manner, highlighting any adverse cash movements
* Act as a key business partner to the wider business
* P&L production
* Balance sheet production
* Administer inter-company reconciliation's
* Maintain financial policies and procedures
* Accruals, prepayments and journal entry
* KPI analysis
The culture of this business is one of diversity & inclusiveness. They act as a flexible, ethical employer with a real team-oriented approach.
This role is expected to be used as a launchpad to a more senior, broad position within the business and the business is looking for this role to develop a more commercial finance team.