We have an opportunity for a hands-on Experience & Visitor Programming Manager to manage. You'll ensure every visitor gets an excellent welcome, a memorable experience and important income streams such as membership recruitment, food & beverage and retail are further developed at the property. You'll be working five days a week, including regular weekend days and bank holidays.
Part of this role will be carry out Duty Manager on a rotation basis.
What it's like to work here
Castle Ward is a wonderful place to work. Situated in a stunning location overlooking Strangford Lough, the lawns rise up to the unique 18th century house and its Gothic façade. This fascinating house features both Gothic and Classical styles of architectural treatment, internally and externally.
Inside the beautiful 820 acre walled demesne you will find an exotic sunken garden and paths that wind their way through woodland and suddenly open onto the quiet shores of the Lough.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for devising and delivering audience-led and participatory experiences and visitor programming at a property/ portfolio. You will interpret and share audience insight, champion the audience voice and collaborate with colleagues to ensure their needs are met. Working with members of the Property Leadership Team (PLT) you will ensure delivery of permanent new experiences, interpretation and changing visitor programming across the property/portfolio drawing on the spirit and purpose of your place. You will deliver more benefit to more people, improve experience quality and grow financial return on investment. You will work with the public and partners to create and evaluate experiences and programming. You will be responsible for the strategic planning and budgeting for interpretation, visitor programming and experience development.
Who we're looking for
- A proven track record of initiating, planning, delivering and evaluating creative programmes and visitor experiences.
- A passion for history and story telling
- An eye for detail, driving excellent standards of presentation, interpretation and service.
- A natural collaborator; working together with colleagues, other properties and partners to achieve common goals
- Naturally energetic and enjoy working at pace
- Coaching teams & individual development to improve performance
- An experienced and inspirational leader of people
The National Trust has the motto 'For everyone, for ever' at its heart. We're working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It's important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we're for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you're from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you - and it doesn't matter if you're jam first, cream first, or even if you don't like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.