Working Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Salary pending on experience plus excellent benefits package
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 days working from homeMain purposes of the role
- To support the Financial Controller and broader finance team by processing accounts payable and banking transactions that will enable accurate financial records in BC365 and subsequent reporting on the financial position of the organisation
- To complete a range of accounts payable and banking tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- To handle supplier queries both via telephone and email in a confident and professional manner
- To deliver high quality services to both internal and external stakeholders and drive continuous improvements through system and process innovation
- To process all accounts payable transactions in BC365 and to ensure this is handled as efficiently as possible.
- To process invoices raised both with Purchase Orders and without purchase orders, to the correct cost centre and general ledger accounts, with support and guidance from the broader finance team.
- To support the procurement team where necessary, providing advice on the appropriate coding of purchase orders to ensure invoices can be processed right first time
- To liaise with colleagues from across the business, to ensure that only those invoices that are approved for payment are processed, and any queries relating to the invoices (from internal customers or external suppliers) are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
- To work closely with suppliers, adhere to company policies and guidelines and remain vigilant in protecting the company's assets against fraudulent claims and scams.
- To track and communicate with colleagues across the business, so that any invoices received, for which no Goods Receipt has been received, are promptly handled
- To process Goods Receipt notes in BC365
- To provide quality information and support relating to the accounts payable process, to internal and external stakeholders, including key contacts such as external banking partners, vendors, and auditors.
- To perform regular data cleansing and maintenance in BC365, to ensure all vendor information is accurate.
- To support quality, governance and compliance and ensure these are embedded in all accounts payable processes.
- To process credit card and taxi expenses in BC in line with company policies.
- To reconcile AP balance sheet accounts, conduct a monthly review with the Financial Controller and/or Director of Finance and undertake any necessary actions arising.
- To produce weekly BACS payment runs and upload to the bank, ensuring our suppliers are paid in a timely manner, whilst adhering to all internal policies regarding payments.
- To undertake any other duties in support of the Finance function and to represent the Finance team on cross functional projects and meetings if required, to support the business.
The Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable is a key role within the finance team and contributes to maintaining the company's reputation, via timely payment of supplier invoices and accurate recording of costs.
To Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable must be able to meet personal deadlines in accordance with the timetable, and to manage their workload. They may from time to time be called upon to support other members of the Finance team during peaks in workload, to ensure all team goals and reporting requirements are achieved.
If this would be of interest to you, please email your fully updated CV and we will give you a call.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of GEM Partnership Ltd, who are operating as an Employment Agency