Your new company
Professional membership body headquartered in London with offices across the UK.Your new role
In conjunction with the Regional Head of Legal you will provide employment law advice and assistance to members and clients of the professional membership body. Key responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- To provide comprehensive and timely advice and assistance to member companies on all matters pertaining to employment law and employee relations either in person, telephone or in writing.
- To conduct employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal end to end including advocacy
- To draft/scrutinize contracts of employment, policies, procedures and other employment related documents.
- To prepare and present seminars on employment law and employee relations issues.
- To maintain a high standard of professional knowledge and expertise by way of appropriate research/training.
- To comply with office procedures relating to the co-ordination and monitoring of work.
- To assist the Head of HR & Legal as and when requested.
- To work closely with other business units in the retention and recruitment of Members.
- To identify and, if possible assist in the procurement of additional fee-paying work.
What you'll get in return
- Experience in employment law, ideally as a qualified Lawyer/Barrister (including CILEx) however individuals who are not qualified will also be considered.
- Experience of advising clients in employment law, employee relations and human resources.
- Proven successful track record in handling a Tribunal case load and case management with little direct supervision.
- Employment Tribunal advocacy experience, including full merits hearings.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to give practical, commercial advice.
In return you will be part of a large team of employment law specialists (locally, regionally and/or nationally) and have the option to work part-time, full-time and remotely. The salary will range from £45,000-55,000 depending on qualifications and relevant experience.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.