SF Recruitment are recruiting for a Category Manager - HR. The head office is based in London and will need to be onsite 3 days a week / 2 working from home
This is working for a highly recognised brand name.
This role would be suited to a graduate with 2-3 years working within procurement across ideally HR categories but will consider all indirect categories too.
• Build meaningful and close relationships with Procurement team members and partners from the wider business in the professional services area including but not limited to HR, finance, and retail
• Develop 3-year category plans in line with the procurement and the relevant business strategy
• End to end delivery of category plans, from strategy through implementation and benefits realisation ensuring appropriate balance of cost, service, risk
• Run all Source to Contract activity, taking ownership for the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation and contract award and signature
• Ongoing contract management, ensuring the contracted service continues to meet business requirements and contracts are reflective of the service delivered and are aligned with the contracting policy
• Build supplier relationships within the category and where appropriate identify and implement opportunities to reduce cost and continuously improve.
• Manage and report on all operational, commercial and supply chain risk for the category
• Drive commercial change within the business to deliver value and ensure there is always a balance between cost and service
• Identification of continuous improvement opportunities
• Ability to work across categories to support team members
• Find solutions where traditional procurement practices do not fit the usual requirement, using critical thinking to find the correct solution
• Committed and driven, being able to challenge partners in the right way
• Possess a good understanding of commercial issues and a problem-solving approach
• Strong communication, influencing and networking skills
• Builds a clear plan for themselves and inputs to the team plan to deliver short to medium term business priorities
• Takes ownership for delivering results when there is uncertainty
• Shown excellence in negotiation
• Experience of contract drafting including development of schedules, commercials, and appropriate terms and conditions
• Previous led supplier relationships to ensure delivery to the agreed quality, cost and time