Job Title: ALS Manager
Salary: £38,350 - £41,737 per annum (inc of LW) + Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Are you an aspiring leader with drive and passion? Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a fantastic college who are looking for a ALS Manager.The Role:
What you will need:
- To lead and manage the planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality learning support
- Identify additional learning needs through personal and comprehensive assessment of students
- Develop innovative approaches, including the use of e-learning tools/resources and assistive technology to service delivery and support.
- Ensure that annual reviews are taking place for students with EHCPs including liaison with the local authorities where required.
- Monitor and evaluate all the activities of the ALS service using agreed quality procedure including the student voice and initiate strategies to consistently improve quality and the student learning experience to ensure student's needs are fully met.
- Regularly review policies and procedures so that the College complies with legislative (SEN Code of Practice) and audit requirements.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area
- A full teaching qualification & SpLD qualification would be desirable
- Knowledge of High Needs Funding and working with Local Authorities to maximise funding in line with Funding Body guidance
- Frameworks, regulations and requirements of the sector and how these relate to the role
- Experience of managing or coordinating the delivery of additional learning support at cross college level would be desirable
- An understanding of issues relating to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults
- Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.