Category Specialist (Purchasing)
Salary: £30,000 per year
Location: Talke, Stoke-On-Trent, ST7
Contract: Permanent, Full Time: 37.5 Hours / week
Rota: Monday - Friday
Time: 8:00am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm
(Working from Home - leading to a hybrid of Remote & office)
SMarter Recruitment are proud to be recruiting an experienced Category Specialist to join the Purchasing department of our client National Veterinary Services in their journey of exponential growth. The role is based in Talke, Stoke-On-Trent.
Reporting to the Category Manager; the role will involve Owning and implementing the category business plans in conjunction with the Category Manager & Senior Category Specialist ensuring delivery of the P+L in line with the company's strategic objectives.
Core role accountabilities:
· Maintain a good working knowledge of the veterinary and adjacent markets
· Develop strong relationships with key customers to ensure that their needs are understood, identifying and prioritising the best opportunities and adapting strategy where needed to ensure we can continue to meet those needs
· Develop & maintain strategic partnerships with key manufacturers and suppliers to deliver the category plan providing innovation & differentiation for our customers within the appropriate markets
· Establish and maintain sound working relationships with KOL utilising their knowledge and expertise within research, communications and training as appropriate.
· Working closely with the Marketing Team, ensure that all marketing activity is planned and briefed to deadlines
· In conjunction with the Marketing Team, ensure that customer facing teams are fully briefed on all relevant products, plans and activity as appropriate
· Establish and maintain sound working relationships with suppliers to achieve the best possible commercial agreements and develop new supplier relationships as appropriate to deliver product differentiation within the appropriate markets
· Provide monthly reports analysing performance against targets and KPI's. Work alongside relevant parts of the business to ensure targets are met and help take corrective action where they may fall behind
· Attend relevant trade shows where necessary to identify new product and sourcing opportunities
· Ensure the Material Planners are briefed as appropriate to maintain optimum levels of stock in order to meet the customer's needs through planning, forecasting and placing orders but within the financial objectives of the company
· Share information and knowledge within the business to drive new opportunities collaboratively
· Any ad hoc duties as required by the Category Manager to aid in the running of the department
· In depth knowledge of Category Management
· Previous Category Management experience in a relevant role
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Excellent communicator (written & verbal)
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· Highly customer focussed
· Capable of working in a team environment, collaborating with others to meet customers needs whilst achieving targets
· Computer literate (Excel, Power Point, Word)
· Excellent analytical skills
· Commercially minded relationship builder
· Highly motivated, results oriented individual
· Ability to travel in UK and oversees - hold full UK Driving License
· Will be able to start on Monday 4th September 2021 or earlier
· Bike to work scheme
· Company pension
· Employee discount
· On-site parking
· Referral programme
· Sick pay
· Wellness programmes
This is a great opportunity to work for the UK's leading veterinary wholesaler aimed to provide our customers with their first choice product, through our next day supply and distribution service.
We are currently experiencing strong growth with new customers joining us and requiring our services.
It is estimated that there are over 3 million more pets in peoples homes since the start of last year and these will need the care of veterinary practices throughout their lives
Therefore it is an exciting time to be joining our team!
Based at our Talke Pits site (currently remote working mostly due to Covid, we will be introducing a hybrid working scheme which will split working between office/WFH each week)
How to Apply:
If the Category Specialist role sounds like you, then apply immediately with your CV for the chance to join this exciting company as it continues its journey of exponential growth.
Apply with your CV and follow up call to Tel: (phone number removed)