We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and highly driven Financial Accountant to join Sudlows in Chadderton for a full-time, permanent position that has been newly created due to sustained growth.
Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of customer and partners. We have over 200 staff, and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Assisting in the timely preparation of monthly financial reporting including P&L, B/S and Cashflow plus supporting analyses.
* Updating and maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
* Month-End & Year-End reporting and reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts.
* Production of comprehensive reconciliations to support the group's balance sheet.
* Preparation of regular and ad hoc financial and non-financial reporting.
* Supporting the Financial Controller in the provision of information for audit purposes and the preparation of multiple company and statutory accounts.
* Supporting the Financial Controller in all aspects of statutory reporting and compliance.
* Being the expert on VAT, including EU trade, VAT deferment and CIS reverse charge.
* Assisting in the continuing development of robust financial controls.
* Managing the Accounts Payable function, a small team with close links to Procurement.
* Helping to train & develop the broader finance team.
* Taking control of SAGE 200 administration (users, role profiles, company access, new GL codes etc).
We are looking to hire a Financial Accountant who demonstrates:
* A relevant qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
* Strong technical accounting skills.
* Good analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience