Red Rock Consultants are working with an Engineering client who specialise in delivering highly sophisticated mechanical and electrical installations to the Automotive industry.
They are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to help support their Lean Manufacturing division, focusing on Bespoke assembly machinery, design and manufacturing, Poke Yoke assembly benches with integrated automation systems, Mechanical jigs and fixtures, robot cells and production cells.
* Designing fixtures, jigs, assembly benches to semi-automated benches to aid customers in manufacturing process
* Issue manufacturing drawings and liaise with the workshop
* Follow up with manufacturing and ensure correct interpolation of drawings and projects
* Follow up projects commissioning
* Liaise with customers and build relationships
* Help with management of the design team, assist with work schedules
* Check and ensure designs for all projects meet company standards
* Assist the junior design team with technical and design queries and issues
* Assist in creating, updating and evaluate standard assemblies and their functions
* Ensure that the requisite mechanical design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with the design office handbook and associated design office procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications
* Liaison with all other technical specifications within the Design Office to produce coherent and comprehensive design solutions from concept to delivery
* Preparation of mechanical design schemes including details, and assembly drawings etc for all projects
* Provide technical leadership within the mechanical design
The ideal Candidate:
* Experience of SolidWorks and PDM Essential
* Experience of Catia V5 Mechanical Design (Part Design, GSD & Product Assembly) - is an added advantage
* UK Driving License essential
* Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills.
* Good time management skills
* Attention to detail
* To keep abreast of competitor activity and market conditions, pertinent to your specialisation
* Task Focused
* Ensures all operational procedures, safe working practices and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Teresa Anderson or Kirsty Thomas-Brown at Red Rock Consultants.
We endeavour to feedback to all successful and unsuccessful applicants within 5 days, if you have not heard from us after this time then you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role. We do however update our database with suitable candidate information following each application, this allows us to contact you for new suitable opportunities