A special school near Lancaster are seeking a Teacher on a Full-Time basis for an Immediate Start.
The school caters for pupils aged 2-19 with severe learning difficulties and complex needs including PMLD, ASC, SLCN. A small number of pupils also have complex medical needs and life limiting conditions.
Class sizes vary depending on the needs of the pupils. Each class group is taught by a teacher who is supported by a regular class team of Teaching Assistants, and an on-site care team.
The successful applicant will be well supported by an established staff team, and will work closely with specialist Hearing Impaired and Visual Impaired teams, Educational and Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, and a Speech and Language Therapist.
We are ideally seeking a Teaching Assistant with experience working in a Specialist School however will consider applicants from a social care background. Previous experience of a wide range of special educational needs including MLD, ASD, SLD and PMLD would be an advantage, alongside experience of working with children and young people with autistic spectrum difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties and social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Key duties will include:
• Meeting the wide range of needs of pupils
• Providing a curriculum that engages pupils' interest and is used to promote the highest levels of safeguarding
• Providing rich and varied experiences, which enables pupils to become resilient and confident individuals
• Ensuring that all pupils can access the curriculum, by establishing clear methods for assessment and monitoring to inform future planning
• Liaising closely with parents and carers
• Want to develop your understanding of SEND - through CPD to have a good knowledge of the needs of SEND Pupils.
All candidates working through us must have a valid Update Service registered DBS, or be prepared to undertake a new DBS application through Key Stage .
We are a leading Education Recruitment Agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTA's and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across the North West including Bolton / Wigan /Chorley /Blackburn/Darwin / Burnley Preston / Lancaster/ Morecambe and Cumbria.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education - apply now