At Paxton, we design and manufacture market leading security solutions for smart buildings. With over 35 years of experience, we put our core values of simplicity, quality, and honesty at the heart of everything we do.
Our people are key and making Paxton to be a great place to work is one of our top goals. We're delighted to be listed as one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for the last three consecutive years.
Our team is constantly expanding, and we currently have over 370 employees located at 12 locations across the globe with offices in the UK, US, France, Germany, South Africa, UAE and Benelux
Join our Internal Web Development team based in our Brighton office, where you will be responsible for the continued maintenance, support, and development of Paxton's many bespoke applications. Our applications range from Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, Training and others, and are developed in AngularJS front end, a C# back end using Restful WebAPI's and connecting to a SQL Server 2019 database.
You will assist business users and stakeholders in the creation of robust, efficient and user-friendly applications across a variety of different technologies and languages that meet the ever-changing needs of a dynamic and growing organisation. They would work with great autonomy to deliver outstanding and consistent levels of support and development in a fluid and high-pressure multi-site environment.
* Use industry standard development methodologies to develop new applications in C# (Entity Framework 6+, .Net Framework 4), CSS, AngularJS, Java Script and Transact SQL.
* Support, maintain existing applications adding additional features and correcting software defects.
* Review project documentation provided by the Business Analysts to ensure the requirements are understood and are able to communicate their feedback appropriately.
* Ensure appropriate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) takes place prior to code being migrated to the Production (Live) instance.
* Enhance our applications through pushing the technology boundaries of our applications (Research and Develop)
* Collaborate with the Internal Applications team and share understanding/knowledge of the applications we develop, identifying risks and proposing solutions.
* Previous experience of delivering web-based applications using C# including .Net Framework 4+, Entity Framework 6+, WepAPI (CRUD), HTML, CSS, Java Script and Transact SQL. AngularJS would be beneficial.
* Ability to plan and prioritise work with minimal supervision make decisions.
* Excellent communication skills, including listening to requirements and the ability to relate to a range of people at all levels.
* Ability to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and openness to change