Job Title and Grade: Band 6 Senior Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Location/Trust: Rotherham Hospital
Department Covered: MSK - Physiotherapy
Placement Ref/ID: 43528
We have long term placement opportunities available for Band 6 Senior Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist available at Rotherham Hospital, specifically providing the following:
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is a combined acute and community Trust providing services at Rotherham Hospital and across the borough to a population of 264,700 people.
Today, we continue to provide a full range of district hospital and community services to Rotherham and the surrounding area alongside partner organisations.
The Urgent and Emergency Care Centre (UECC) opened in 2017 and sees approximately 75,000 attendees per year, and there are approximately 55,000 inpatients and 250,000 outpatient attendances each year.
* To provide a specialist high standard Physiotherapy service, including the supervision of support staff within areas of work and any other area as service development requires
* To manage a caseload of patients and maintain associated records
* To clinically supervise and appraise students, junior and support staff
* To contribute to the delivery of services to meet the trust objectives
* To provide interventions in locations across the health community covered by The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, as required
To apply for this post, you will:
* Degree in Physiotherapy
* Current HCPC Registration
* Current full driving licence
* Membership of Professional body - Charted Society of Physiotherapy
* Evidence of post grad qualification relevant to neuromusculoskeletal / orthopaedic physiotherapy
* Completed recognised IT course e.g., ECDL/Elite/MOST
* Evidence of clinical expertise and knowledge to Post graduate Diploma level developed through CPD and experience
* Clinical experience of working within musculoskeletal / orthopaedic outpatients and orthopaedic inpatients
* To clinically supervise, teach, mentor and co-ordinate the work of others in line with departmental guidelines delegating work as required, ensuring all clinical practice meets the required professional standards of practice
* To contribute to monitoring the quality of work in own service area, through active involvement in clinical supervision and reporting any performance/quality issues and related risks
* To be responsible for equipment used in carrying out duties, adhering to departmental policy and ensuring the safe use of equipment by others through teaching, training, and supervision of practice
* To ensure efficient and effective use of material resources/supplies within own area
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
* Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
* First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
* Dedicated consultants
* Flexible working options
* Free DBS and free training
* Build holiday allowance
* Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days - Call us anytime on (phone number removed)
* Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion