Are you looking for a technical support role in the electronic / engineering sector?
If so, a good client of mine is looking for someone to join their team.
They design and manufacture a range of complex electronic products and systems that are used all over the world.
They need someone with commercial experience of electronics products, PCB's etc, who either has technical support experience or a Test / Service Engineer (or someone similar) background for electronic products and wants to get into technical support.
This team deal with customers all over the world, via email, phone calls and Teams/Video.
Most issues are resolved via these methods, but some travel will be involved, typically 2 to 4 trips a year in the US / Europe for a few days at a time.
Position Summary for the Technical Support Engineer - Electronics
To work with the company's sales team and provide technical support to customers based worldwide and support expanding sales activities. Whilst the position is technical some general sales support is also be necessary. You will provide company technical support ensuring a high standard of service is provided to internal and external customers whilst maintaining a record of support requests and outcomes. You will be required to support the external Sales team, Product Manager and company distributors with general enquiries. Support will also be required for Customer returns for upgrades or repairs through the RMA procedure. There will be opportunities to test new/established products with system interfaces and the preparation of equipment user guides for distributors/customers. You will assist with generating and maintaining product technical manuals and support the maintenance of web content manuals and software.
Specific Responsibilities for the Technical Support Engineer - Electronics
- Technical support - to sales team, distributors, OEMs, resellers, end users, and other
- Sales support - e-mails, phone calls, demo kits, evaluation/loan systems, and technical
- Reports - keep a record of technical support requests and outcomes. Provide Technical
Investigation reports suitable for the companies information databases.
- Test - Bench test/Environmental test products to investigate customer enquiries or evaluate
Position Requirements for the Technical Support Engineer - Electronics
- All necessary training will be provided regarding the company's products.
- Experience of supporting customers, interfacing electronic instrumentation is essential.
- Experience of electronics testing with RS232/422/485 and NMEA/MODBUS/ASCII, electronic
Product servicing is desirable.
- Experience of producing technical product manuals would be an advantage.
- Must have a good telephone manner
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established, professional company offering excellent training and career progression. If you have any specific questions about this Technical Support Engineer - Electronics role please call David on (phone number removed). To apply, email: (url removed)