Snr Mechanical Designer
Mechanical Design Engineer with solid background of machinery design to work for a leading special purpose machinery manufacturer. An innovative business who are known for designing and manufacturing advanced factory automation systems, custom automation equipment and turnkey assembly machinery.
The ideal candidate will have experience of designing automated machinery for technically demanding projects.
* Comply with all company Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and Employee requirements, policies and procedures.
* Working with the Concept Team to translate conceptual designs into detailed working designs within budget cost parameters using the agreed DDS process
* Provide technical solutions to support the Concepts sales team
* Working with the project managers and design teams to identify high risk technical elements of projects and ensure suitable mitigations are in place to achieve cost and milestones (PRA)
* Manage the mechanical design team, (incl. sub contractors), to achieve the technical, cost and project objectives through a structured and regular review process
* Use technical review meetings to critique and refine designs to ensure they are cost effective and meet customer specifications.
* Working with the Programme Manager ensure resources are planned and organised to ensure milestones are achieved.
* Quick response support during the commissioning of projects via an analytical and structured approach
* Ensure all documentation for project files, technical files, operating manuals and risk assessments are completed to ensure CE marking can be completed
* Provide leadership and motivation to develop a high effective and motivated design team
* Provide the Group Mechanical Design Manager with a weekly performance report and forward plan highlighting key issues and actions.
Manage the key steps in the design process are adhered to:
* Project initiation - hand over from the Concepts Team
* Detailed design specification and PRA with Level 3 cost reviews
* Customer sign off - product specifications and designs within cost
* Clear variations to the signed specification to collect additional costs
* Detailed RFQ for critical purchased equipment
* Effective hand over to manufacturing and assembly
* Generate detailed commissioning plan for the FAT
* Commissioning support for the project
* Quality sign off before project leaves the business.
You can expect a competitive basic salary along with an exceptional benefits package to include Contributory Pension scheme, DIS and 25 days holiday.
Based in the North East, the role is commutable from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Bishop Auckland, Consett, Ashington, Sunderland, Durham, Whitley Bay, Washington and Peterlee