Our client, a Tooling company in Sheffield; require an experienced CNC Machinist. Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will have turning experience and be proficient in Fanuc and Siemens.
The position is for 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, occasional flexibility may be required. Default shift pattern is a standard day shift
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
* A sound understanding of both manual and CNC turning is essential as is the ability to understand and translate engineering drawings.
* The candidate will operate CNC turning or milling machines manufacturing parts to satisfy existing orders and helping to develop prototype parts for potential new business.
* Experience working on Siemens, Fanuc, Mazak operating systems would be advantageous.
* Verify conformity of parts using gauges - sending first off parts for CMM measurement.
* Experience working in an engineering environment is essential.
* Programming experience would be advantageous.
* Ability to work under pressure