Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of Senior Buyer (Indirect)
Purpose of the Job:
A new role within the Supply Chain & Procurement (SC&P) Operations Team responsible for procurement of Indirect materials & services to support our sites, operations, and people. This includes the management of the end to end procurement / process for indirect purchases e.g. Facilities & Support Services, Utilities, Capital, Outsourcing (Make Vs Buy), HR & Professional Services, Travel & Fleet, IT & Consumables.
* Sourcing, selecting, negotiating, and managing suppliers for all Indirect procurement.
* Delivered through procurement expertise to achieve reduced cost, improved operating efficiencies and product or service delivery and quality.
* Tendering of work / category packages and implementation of contract documents within the Indirect arena.
* Responsible for the 'Purchase to Pay' of all Indirect Goods & Services including the management of RFQ's, RFP's & Purchase Orders using ERP and other procurement tools & systems.
* Working collaboratively to define and execute relevant Indirect procurement and supply chain solutions. A successful Business Partner with excellent stakeholder management skills.
* Motivating your stakeholders, making sure they are engaged and getting the most from their role.
* Providing professional support & advice to the business on how to best balance the commercial supply arrangements addressing cost; risk; service; innovation and operational management taking a whole life cost approach.
* Driving achievement of savings, working capital and free cash flow targets to maximise value from the spend.
* Supporting operations, assurance & risk management, contractual obligations, and supplier performance management.
* Reducing the businesses risk profile through successful supplier selection and management.
* Improving compliance to a Preferred Supplier List.
* Routinely reporting progress on activities and achievements, KPI/Balance scorecard focus.
* Simplify and automate data collection and reporting activities wherever practical to minimise the burden of across the business.
* Responsible for driving P&L impact via category plans / sourcing projects and establishing key supplier partnerships to deliver value.
* Optimise the processes for Indirect procurement enabling the business to buy in the simplest and most cost-effective way.
Procurement Department support
* Maintain purchase database and ensure data accuracy in the system.
* Contribute to developing and implementing new processes and procedures.
* Assist with other procurement activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Relevant degree, MCIPS &/or FM qualification.
* At least 5 years' procurement in managing suppliers, contracts, and stakeholders.
* Track record in managing Indirect procurement projects.
* Workflow, planning, organise, prioritise approach for the flow of materials & services through the supply chain.
* Ability to meet strict financial and timing targets for new project launches and cost down projects.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Have a resourceful and proactive attitude.
* Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Presentation of data skills.
* Flexibility is key in a fast-paced growth company.
* Willing to help grow and develop the services to sites.
* Experienced in methods used in MRP systems.
Applications from candidates outside the UK will be considered. However, all offers of employment will be subject to meeting UK Right to Work legislation.
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss in more detail