We have a new opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our clients established engineering and maintenance team at their
chemical manufacturing facility in Llanelli. The Mechanical Engineer will ideally have experience of engineering functions on a
hazardous chemical processing/manufacturing facility and will be driven by continuous improvement and ensuring reliability.
Key responsibilities will include management of mechanical asset integrity, identification of reliability improvements,
implementation of reliability focused projects and management of spare parts.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the Mechanical Engineer will collaborate closely with all other team members
including the Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Planner, Stores Assistant and Technicians. The key focus will be to drive
continuous improvement in the areas of reliability, planning, scheduling, work quality and safety.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Degree qualified or equivalent, ideally in Mechanical Engineering
• Previous experience on technically complex chemical plants (or similar manufacturing environments) ideally with COMAH site
• Previous experience of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS), ideally Maximo or SAP
• Chartered Member, or working towards accreditation with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers is preferable but not essential
• Previous experience of selecting and maintaining equipment in Atex zoned areas would be a benefit
Full Job description availble on request