Technical Architect - EUC, Network and Platform job description
Our client is an international developer, operator and provider of hyperscale data centres. They are a great company to work for offering excellent career progression and job satisfaction and they are currently looking for an experienced Technical Architect on EUC, Network and Platform.
Technical Architect role
They are looking to include a role that is focused on taking their cloud first Corporate IT experience to the next level and evolving their on-premise operational environments to support their unique customer propositions.
You will be responsible for the end user experience and technology for their colleagues globally. Working closely with their regional IT Directors and Managed Service Providers to continuously improve, evolve and optimise the end user experience. You will develop the EUC vision and roadmap through the eyes of the end user and ensure they connect colleagues with technology in a way that is modern and engaging.
Additionally, you will work closely with the Technology, Research and Development and Operations teams to design cutting edge on premise operational networks, hosting platforms and support environments. You will provide requirements and recommendations to support technology selection, network design and infrastructure services. You will be the voice of scalability, manageability, resilience and supportability. You will also provide guidance on lifecycle and improvements to existing sites, collaborating across the CIO and Operations teams, and with managed service providers.
Technical Architect - EUC, Network and Platform main responsibilities
* Provide technical and operational governance across the end user computing environment and on premise network and hosting platforms
* Define and maintain the EUC roadmap
* Identify and drive areas for service improvements in conjunction with the Managed Service Provider and regional IT Directors
* Keep abreast of developments within the IT Industry that End User Computing Services are kept in line with defined or emerging industry standards.
* Developing and managing Continual Service Improvement Plans in alignment with technology changes and issues identified during problem management
* Work with the IT leadership team to create a department wide roadmap & strategy
* Build and maintain the EUC global service catalogue
* Provide 3rd line escalation support for EUC technologies and services
* Work with Facilities and regional IT Directors to maintain global meeting room audio / visual standards, equipment and actively new technologies to improve meeting host/attendee experience
* Consult with Technology and R&D teams on operational environment blueprints for Networks, Hosting technologies, Infrastructure services and solutions
* Support the operational teams in evolving the infrastructure deployed in operational sites in line with industry advances and changing requirements
Technical Architect - EUC, Network and Platform qualifications and experience
* Ability to manage client relationships, ensuring quality of delivery and offering expert advice across multiple areas of EUC / Infrastructure
* Project management of EUC projects including presenting plans and updates to all levels of the organisation
* Supplier/vendor management
* Asset management including device provisioning automation and management via Microsoft InTune/Autopilot
* Strong working knowledge of current security standards and protocols
* Strong knowledge of design and architecture of client and server systems with a recent emphasis on virtualisation and cloud
* Strong knowledge of enterprise networking approaches and services, with emphasis on large scale highly available network design, segmentation, network security and traffic management.
* Specific experience of the systems and hardware in use at the company is an advantage
* Google Workspaces, Azure, Intune, Azure AD, Office 365, Windows 10, Mac OS, Mobile Devices, ATP, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, ServiceNow, Microsoft Teams, Linux, Apple hardware, JAMF, AutoPilot
* Microsoft End User Compute portfolio of products, software deployment and management, system performance tuning and monitoring including security, encryption, policy management, Active Directory integration, systems programming, automation and scripting
* Cisco network switches, firewalls and network security software. Cisco Meraki wireless networks
* VMWare ESX, Windows Server, Linux and cloud based Infrastructure / Platform as a Service offerings
* Experience & certifications of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and SAFe (Scaled Agile For Enterprise) within an IT function is advantageous
* Experience working in a fast paced, international environment
Technical Architect - EUC, Network and Platform company package:
The role offers excellent renumeration and benefits package as well as excellent career opportunities.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of the company's core values, and they want to enhance the diversity of their workforce to reflect the world we live in.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up to date copy of your CV to Kate Evans as soon as possible quoting reference GP207