Alexander Steele Recruitment is assisting a food manufacturing business as they are looking to appoint a Mechanical Engineer.
You will be responsible for Planned Maintenance, reacting to breakdowns, fault finding on a range of filling, packing machinery (mechanically & electrically)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide general maintenance for all production related equipment.
* To ensure all PPM's are completed on time as part of your KPI's Targets
* Ensuring requests for Size changes are completed in a satisfactory time period
* To action the maintenance associated in the provision of equipment.
* To manage contractors associated with the maintenance and repairs of all equipment when required to do so.
* To ensure compliance to all aspects of the company health and safety policy with specific regard to the management of contractors.
* To ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company Quality Policy and GMP with specific regard to the management of contractors.
* Ensure that all statutory and regulatory checks are carried out as per the service agreements and schedules in place for all production equipment.
* To provide front line engineering support to the manufacturing operations following the Company rules on Health and Safety, Quality and Engineering Procedures.
* To complete stores requisitions for parts and services.
* To continually monitor plant conditions and report defects.
* To maintain a detailed log of all work carried out on plant using the appropriate Company systems.
* To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
* To protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at all times.
* To take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
* To respond to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by your line manager.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company.
* Ideally you will have experience in Food Manufacturing (FMCG)
* Good mechanical skills - knowledge of pneumatics, bearings, gearboxes.
* Working with single phase & three phase systems.
* Competent in electrical fault finding in panels, 3 phase motors, inverters, relays.
* Basic fault-finding knowledge of PLC's.
* Welding skill set in TIG.
* Good bench fitting skill set.
* Monday Friday
* 6am - 2pm
* 33 days holiday
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please apply with your most recent CV