My client, one of Scotland's largest teams of private client specialists has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Associate to join the practice area in Edinburgh or Glasgow, Scotland.
The successful candidate will have capabilities in a broad range of private client work including wills, trusts, tax and succession planning, executry administration and powers of attorney and will be comfortable dealing with a variety of clients, including high net worth individuals, trustees, executors, and institutions; from all over Scotland, the UK and beyond.
The key aim of the practice area is to offer clients specialist advice which will meet all their personal legal and tax requirements, and as a key member of the team you will play a significant role in this process.
The successful candidate will supervise junior members of the team when required and play a key role in business development activities to drive further growth for the practice area and firm as a whole.
* Estate planning including the setting up of trusts and other entities
* Assisting with clients' tax planning advice
* Drafting of wills and powers of attorney
* Involvement in the administration of trusts and other wealth holding entities
* Obtaining confirmation and related inheritance tax reporting
* Providing advice to high net worth clients
* Active involvement in the Business Development initiatives of the practice area and liaising with current and prospective clients and intermediaries on a regular basis
* Be aware of information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
* 4+ years post qualified experience based in a similar role
* Experience of dealing with private clients with rural land and rural businesses is desirable
* Committed to the highest level of client care and service
* Strong technical competence and the confidence to deal with clients at all levels
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong lasting relationships
* Works to understand the practice area's key clients, their requirements and the challenges they face
* Genuine interest and enthusiasm for private client work
* Excellent attention to detail
* Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with colleagues and clients
* Supervises junior lawyers and provides guidance and support as necessary
* Shows understanding of clients' needs, and tailors advice appropriately
* Membership of STEP is preferred but support will be given to those currently undertaking the
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful