Full time Permanent
Mon - Fri 8am - 4pm
£9.50 - £13 per hour
Overtime (Not Guaranteed)
Our Mildenhall based sheet metal, fabrication and engineering client is seeking a Yard Assistant to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
They strive to be revolutionary in every aspect, from the products and services they provide to the way they hire and train to the time they invest in their Staff.
As a MIG welder you will work with a variety of materials to fabricate new parts, equipment, construction elements, and much more. The ideal candidate will work steadily on their own with minimal supervision and will often work in a team environment as well. Taking directions and giving instructions to others are essential skills they are looking for in a prospective candidate. With training and some specialty education, you can find accelerated success in many different professional welding arenas
* Fabricate new components in accordance with product data sheets and in compliance with all applicable standards of safety and performance.
* Involvement in developing new products
* Fabricating jigs and fixtures
* Repair of metal components in order to restore functionality
* Maintain tools and equipment to a professional standard.
* Coordinate workflow with other team members and 3rd parties
* Work independently and in small teams.
Required Skills & Qualifications
* Previous MIG Welding experience
* Ability to fabricate jigs and fixtures
* Ability to read and follow technical drawings and data sheets
* Familiar with welding equipment and workshop best practices