A mechanical bias development technician is required for a rapidly expanding, global manufacturer based in the Warwickshire area.
As the world's leader in specialist equipment, they have a reputation in the market for quality over quantity. With a fantastic production facility, they utilize the latest technology and tools to ensure they remain at the cutting edge of innovation. They have cross functional teams of staff that will support all areas from design, through to manufacture and final delivery of projects. As part of a larger group of companies globally, it allows their supply chain to distribute to every continent.
Benefits include a market leading basic salary which also includes a yearly salary review, career progression to a senior level, 33 days including bank holidays, a strong private pension plan, life assurance and other benefits.
Working hours are 37.5hrs per week Monday to Friday
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Carrying out testing and development of components and assemblies, within the department
- Using test rigs to analyse parts for performance, recording of test data and compiling reports
- Identifying improvements to components, liaising with the design teams to verify the modifications
- Mechanical fitting and assembly of parts, sub assemblies and complex components
- Using conventional toolroom equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, drills, and occasional welding in MIG or MMA
- Running diagnostics checks on products to detect faults or errors for correction
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience -
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Technician or Product Development Engineer
- Apprentice trained in mechanical engineering, or vehicle technician
- Strong knowledge of fitting and assembly, working with engines, pumps, hydraulics, motors, filters, bearings, or rotating equipment
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings, and be able to accurately record test data electronically
- Effective communication skills to work alongside, and have a positive impact on other departments of the manufacturing division.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity