We're looking for a talented Machinist to work for our client.
This role is working on 6 month contract, with the potential to lead to a permanent role for the right candidate although the client has emphasised that they cannot guarantee this.
They want to recruit someone with a CNC Turning bias who possesses a demonstrable experience in the use of CNC milling machines.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
As the Machinist you'll report to the Machine Shop Cell Leader and will be primarily responsible for the operation of various conventional and CNC machine tools.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are complied with including claw regulations and specific duties under them.
- Ensuring that the company's environmental management system (EMS) standards are complied with.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings to produce work of an acceptable quality, following the company's quality management system (QMS).
- Setting and operating various machine tools including lathes, milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench and Surface Grinders.
- Setting and operating various CNC lathes and CNC milling machines.
- Setting machines for Production Operatives in a safe and efficient manner.
- Measuring accurately and work to within +/- 0.025mm.
- Advising supervision of any relevant issues that may arise.
- Correcting actions that have been issued.
- Ensuring job clocking/worksheets are completed as required.
The standard working hours for this position are 5am - 2pm/2pm - 11pm on a rotating shift pattern.
The ideal candidate for this Machinist role will have relevant experience of the use of CNC milling machines.
You'll also need experience of:
- An engineering environment.
- Programming CNC machines.
- The use of HAAS machinery.
- With Fanuc 18-t series.
In addition, you'll need the following:
- Recognised qualification in CNC programming.
- Time served recognised apprenticeship.
- Competency to use motorised workplace transport.
- Competency to use overhead gantry cranes.
- Knowledge of ONE/ CNC programming software.
- Experience with 3/4 axis milling machine programming and setting.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: CNC Machinist, Multi- skilled Machinist, and Machine Operator or as a CNC Operator.
£14.17 per hour. Shift premium paid for all hours worked - which equates to £17.71 per hour/circa £33K per annum