JOB TITLE: Project Engineer (Mechanical)
LOCATION: Dungeness, Kent
RATE: £350-£437 per day, Umbrella/LTD - Inside IR35
12 Month contract
Working 4 day weeks (Mon-Thurs), 37 hours per week.
Appropriate hnc, degree or national qualifications framework (nqf) level 5/6 in Mechanical Engineering.
Experience in a practising disciplined engineering role (mechanical) on industrial process plant.
Experience of working within the nuclear industry (Ideally).
Strong Experience of Design, installation, test and commissioning of Mechanical projects within the nuclear industry.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
If interested and you meet all of the 'Must Have' criteria please apply today. If however we've not got back to you within 48 hours it does mean you were unsuccessful.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants