London (3-4 days working remote)
Our Client have a 150-year-old retail history and are on a journey to drive technology within their business by changing the way they operate. As a result, they're giving their Tech Teams the time and freedom, to create amazing systems and technologies which will help improve their customers experience even more.
As Portfolio Manager, you'll play a key role in bringing things together and ensuring that their performance measurement is managed effectively, proactively providing intelligence to support their strategic plans.
Having a keen eye for data, you'll be able to interpret multiple data sources and provide insight that enables effective decisions to be made. You'll look across the domain, be an influencer, and build great relationships to become a trusted partner for our product teams.
With the support of their Portfolio Leads, you'll guide your team to deliver great outcomes and ensure consistency. With the drive to keep connected and move at the fast pace of a successful tech domain.
More about the role
• You'll manage the day-to-day portfolio across the domain, bringing together and communicating the previous, current and future planned activity within the domain
• You'll undertake analysis and providing financial, people, portfolio value and process insight which is actionable
• Measure performance across the domain, providing intelligence to support strategic plans
• Support joined up portfolio prioritisation, planning and visualisation so that portfolio priorities are optimised for value
• Provide financial forecast excellence, from the initiative to the domain level, bringing together a single view of cash.
• Undertaking of governance and assurance, through Product Council and providing an independent view of the Portfolio
• You'll partner Product Teams in the identification and measurement of value delivered through their investments
• Support Lean Agile Portfolio Management processes, tools and techniques to drive collaborative prioritisation and planning
• Provide visibility of key dependencies across the portfolio, while encouraging Engineering Team ownership
• Lead the allocation of the Portfolio Team to tasks and assignments within the portfolio
More about you
• Experienced working with IT delivery teams and using reporting/project management tools such as Planview and/or MS Planner or similar.
• You'll have an up-to-date understanding of Portfolio Management processes and experience of effective/lean governance in large and complex organisations
• Principles of financial management/control in a multi-divisional organisation
• Knowledge of data management, visualisation and reporting best practice
• Demonstrable experience of leading teams and effectively in managing across a matrix
• Good financial capability, experience of forecasting and management of budgets
• Up to 15% discount across multi-high street brands
• Holiday allowance
• Bonus scheme
• Pension plan
• Special offers on memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
If you are an experienced manager looking for your next challenge please send your CV to (url removed)