Trant Engineering Limited is a multi-discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an excellent time to join the business.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Head Office in Southampton, managing the commercial aspects of a very large power station project. The project is based overseas but the commercial aspect will be managed from Head Office, so no overseas travel will be required. The Form of Contract is DEFCON 2000 and this is a multi-discipline engineering project comprising of civil, mechanical, electrical and process engineering and the commissioning starts in April 2022. The Senior QS will be responsible for the full commercial function of this project, with assistance from a Junior QS, and applicants should have experience in contract change and preparing large claims (mainly due to time delays).
Duties include, but are not limited to;
* Valuations / Monthly AfP's
* Prepare, submit & negotiate claims
* Change Control
* Subcontractor Procurement
* Final Accounts
* Dispute negotiation and management
* Preparation of large claims
* Monthly Commercial Reporting/forecasting
* Subcontractor Payments
Desired Skills / Background
* HNC/HND/BSc in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or by experience
* Working knowledge of DEFCON 2000 Form of Contract would be advantageous
* A strong negotiator and communicator
* Hands on with a 'can do' attitude
* Able to organise a large workload
* A background in managing Junior QS's
It is essential that you must have a background in working on a variety on engineering contracts and you will have strong negotiation and communication skills.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
* A competitive salary
* Company car or car allowance
* 24 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with service)
* Company Pension Scheme
* Free parking
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion