Our Client are now looking for a RGN / RMN Qualified Home Manager
Main Purpose of Job
The Home Manager has overall responsibility for:
* The management of the Home.
* Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
* Ensuring adherence to requirements of regulatory bodies.
* Comply with and adhere to the Care Standards 2008 (England)
* Creating an environment in which Service Users are encouraged to be involved in their care, and feel able to express their views.
Manage the performance of the Home ensuring:
* All health & Safety requirements are addressed.
* Operational Efficiency
* Budgetary and profitability performance
* High Quality standards of care
* Effective relationships with contractors and regulators
Operational Efficiency and Occupancy
* Have an awareness of potential issues and resolve these using a pro-active approach.
* Plan and undertake marketing and promotional activities.
* Develop links which establishes the Home as part of the local community
* Ensure a Marketing Plan is developed annually.
* Ensure that staffing and resource utilisation is managed effectively.
* To liaise and co-operate with CQC/SCISWIS or regulatory bodies inspectors and inspections
* To achieve and maintain registration with CQC, and maintain appropriate NMC / GSCC registration
* To implement the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act, or Regulation of Care Act and National Minimum standards (Scotland), Mental Capacity Act and any other legislation pertinent to the safe running of the home.
* Management of the process of regulatory review, alerting the regional manager and operations director of any such review as soon as practicably possible
* Ensure care plans are completed within 48 hours of admission
* Ensure care plans are regularly up dated - at least monthly
* Ensure all documentation is relevant and up to date, including fluid charts, food intake charts, turning charts
* To resource, recruit and retain appropriate staff to an agreed level, who possess the relevant attitude, skills, experience and potential and who are committed to delivering care with a person Home centred approach.
* Manage staff rosters, ensuring appropriate skill mix and avoiding use of agency staff
* Ensure that the home's staff meet statutory training requirements
* Manage performance and disciplinary procedures, informing HR of each case as it arises to agree a management plan
* Ensure staff have clear objectives and development plans and that performance is regularly reviewed through annual appraisals and supervision
* To actively promote the concept of Equality of Opportunity in all day to day activities
* Ensure the highest level of confidentiality is maintained at all times