We are recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to work for a large Engineering comapny located in the Bradford, West Yorkshire area.
The main purpose of the role is to design and develop the electrical content of quality products within agreed time-scales and budgets according to Company procedures.
* Design products that meet specified customer and internal requirements and are profitable.
* Produce design project documentation that is thorough and accurate and gains the approval of the R&D Manager.
* Verify designs with care and thoroughness so that all failures to meet requirements are discovered.
* Validate products with care and thoroughness so that all failures to meet requirements are discovered.
* Make design changes that are evaluated for feasibility, cost and timing; and implemented with care and thoroughness, gaining the approval of the R&D Manager.
* Contribute effectively to team working within the company and with customers.
* Give timely, effective support to the customer's needs so that the customer does not express dissatisfaction.
* Provide effective technical support to the satisfaction of manufacturing departments on design matters relating to products being introduced into, or already in, production, e.g. supporting PPAP, APQP and FMEA.
* Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing to obtain new business.
* The role requires team working with many other departments within the organisation, locally and internationally, and with various departments at customers.
* Customer contact will be technical (not involving commercial matters), normally at engineer or engineer's supervisor level.
* The role is provided with pooled technician and PCB design support. Conflicting needs for this support will be arbitrated by the Electronics R&D Manager.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum 2 years relevant experience.
* Awareness, training and experience in customer quality processes such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA.
* Design for volume manufacture.
You will be paid a basic salary of between £42,000 and £45,000 (depending on expereince), plus outstanding benefits