Sullivan Resource are currently seeking a Senior/Principal Heritage Consultant to join a growing Heritage Team. Ideally, the role will be based in Bristol, but other locations that are available include London and Redhill.
The role offers the opportunity to be involved in large and prestigious heritage projects throughout the UK.
Should you be successful and have the chance to bring your passion and knowledge to this role, you will be responsible for the management and preparation of archaeological and cultural heritage desk-based assessments, ES chapters, heritage statements and Written Schemes of Investigation for fieldwork.
The role will also include commissioning and management of archaeological fieldwork.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years' post-qualification professional experience within a similar field, together with the following:
* A degree in Archaeology or directly relevant subject.
* Good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology.
* Good knowledge of heritage planning legislation.
* Archaeological fieldwork experience.
* Professional archaeological report writing.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
* A full clean driving licence and willingness to travel throughout the UK as required.
The following would also be an advantage:
* Relevant postgraduate qualification.
* Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (but if not yet achieved, note that membership is actively encouraged);
* Experience of using GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and CAD in archaeological projects;
* CSCS cardholder.
Our client are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time and to budget.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients