Oakleaf are currently recruiting for a motivated, committed and experienced Ward Manager to work at our Mental Health service in Anwick. Magna House are shortly expanding the site and as such are looking for a like-minded professional that share our values for delivering quality care. This is a great opportunity to join our service and be part of something exciting. We are a friendly, growing company that puts its staff at the very heart of our business. For an informal discussion in the first instance please give me a call.
Main duties of the role:-
* Exercise effective managerial and clinical leadership of ward/department staff and manage non-compliance with agreed standards in line with service polices and protocols.
* Participate in the hospital on call system.
* Undertake individual performance review and the identification and implementation of personal development plans for all staff. This will be achieved by undertaking supervisions and annual appraisals for your staff.
* Deal personally with patients, families and carers in order to prevent and resolve
* concerns and complaints. To ensure that the ward team proactively engages with patients and their families when feedback from concerns are received.
* Hold regular (no less frequently than monthly) ward meetings and ensure Service and Directorate information is cascaded to the team.
* Facilitate open and effective communication within the ward team.
* Manage the selection, appointment and retention of ward staff who exemplify the service values and attitudes and ensure the good reputation of the service.
* Proactively manage sickness and absence of staff within ward team in accordance with service policy.
* Ensure that duty rotas are prepared and approved; reflecting establishments, skill mix against patient acuity and workload demand and comply with current roster guidance.
* Be accountable for the achievement of agreed key performance indicators regarding quality, safety, patient/staff experience and resources.
* Demonstrate responsibility for reporting all accidents/untoward incidents and harms and ensuring relevant documentation is completed and taking appropriate action in the light of emerging trends.
* Undertake delegated responsibilities from the Registered Manager and Deputies.
• Educated to Registered Mental Health Nurse level with active UK NMC PIN
• Previous experience as a registered nurse with 5-7 years working in a similar environment.
• Knowledge of CQC regulations.
• Experience in managing staff, motivating teams and recruiting new staff members.
• An understanding of staff induction, supervision, and appraisal processes.
• Leadership and collaborative working style.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Flexibility required and ability to share on call in 24hr working environment.
• A commitment to the provision of high quality care with an interest in the care, learning and development of vulnerable adults in designated service user type