Focus 5 Recruitment are working to recruit a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer for an ambitious and growing IT Consultancy . A real success story from the North-West, this Microsoft Gold Partner is now 200 people + and is planning to double that in the next 2 years.
As a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer you will act as an escalation point for 1st line engineers, be responsible for providing email and telephone technical support, resolve a wide range of technical customer issues and escalate requests where necessary to ensure that queries are resolved in line with agreed SLAs.
This is a role with a business who has numerous offices across the North and is still on the acquisition trail. Your work will be with an interesting and diverse client base where IT solutions are key to their success. There is a fantastic opportunity to dovetail your career growth with the anticipated growth of this forward-thinking business.
They provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
Opportunities in 2nd Line IT Support Role:
* Learn and work alongside over 80 experienced support engineers across 3 regional offices.
* Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, InTune, WVD and networking - engineers aren't ring fenced!
* Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions - all tracked through your own personal development plan.
The ideal person will be an experienced Support Consultant ideally from a Managed Service Provider background. You will assist in developing the support team's technical knowledge and be able to communicate clearly and regularly with both the customer and the account manager on progress made on issues raised. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Duties for 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
* Providing 2nd line technical support for hardware and software issues.
* Ensuring all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and having ownership that all progress notes are added to all calls.
* Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
* Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
* Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
* 'Hands-on' problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
* Provide on-site support for customers as and when required
* Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go 'above and beyond' for our customers.
* Microsoft Windows sever (2012, 2016 and 2019)
* O365 and its complimentary addons (OneDrive, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc)
* Strong troubleshooting experience with one or more of the following:
o SQL Server
o Storage (SANs & NAS)
* Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos)
* Firewall fundamentals (WatchGuard/SonicWall)
* Networking fundamentals (managed switching, VLAN's)
* Excellent general hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Advanced virtualisation troubleshooting (HyperV/VmWare)
* Advanced firewall troubleshooting (WatchGuard/Sonicwall)
* Advanced networking skills
* Advanced InTune/MDM skills
* Storage troubleshooting (SANs & NAS)
* Advanced Exchange troubleshooting
* Advanced SQL Server troubleshooting
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with 2nd Line IT Support experience to progress their career and join a great business who are really going places. For immediate consideration and full details on this role, please submit an application ASAP