A school within the Potters Bar area are looking to bring on a new Head of Digital Support for their school on either a long-term or permanent bases! if you have a 5+ years experience in a school or a similar digital environment then this may be the job for you, read on to find out more!
The Head of Digital Support will be responsible for the provision of 1st line support and the development and effective running of all school IT systems, including hardware systems, software applications, maintaining and managing the infrastructure and supporting its growth in line with the school development plan, and providing a high level of IT support and training for teaching
staff and other members of the school community.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years experience working in a school or similar digital network
• environment and good working working knowledge of:
o Windows Operating Systems servers and desktops
o Mac OS
o Administration of MS Office 365
o Google domain administration
o Management of Smoothwall Firewall
• Experience of installing and improving wireless networks.
• Working knowledge of classroom audio visual equipment, including Promethean Screens.
• Experience with GDPR policies and procedures.
• Microsoft certification would be beneficial.
• An understanding of the digital requirements of an educational establishment
• both software and hardware is desirable
• Outstanding IT skills, hardware knowledge and familiarity with the full range of Microsoft products.
• Demonstrable problem-solving and trouble-shooting ability.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with staff and other members of the school community.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to seek out and find solutions to a problem.
• Flexibility in approach to people and working arrangements.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High standards of 'customer service'.
• Effective time management.
• Patience and good humour.
Safeguarding, Discipline, Health & Safety
• Be aware of the safeguarding requirements in place in the School and abide by them at all times.
• Be aware of the School's Aims & Ethos and ensure that actions taken are not in conflict with them.
• Be aware of and adhere to all other School policies.
• Assist with the promotion of good order and discipline among the pupils.
• Be responsible for taking reasonable care of personal safety and that of pupils, parents, colleagues, visitors, volunteers and contractors.
• Co-operate with the Head, Bursar and members of the SLT in order to enable the Governors to comply with safeguarding and health and safety duties, reporting any risks or defect to the Bursar.
If this sounds like the role for yo then click 'APPLY' or call Scott Bayliss on (phone number removed)