VAT Accountant - Londond - Financial Services Company - Circa £65k-£75k + benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a VAT Accountant for a leading financial services business based in Central London.
The VAT Compliance Accountant is responsible for preparation of the UK Quarterly VAT Return and monthly Intrastat return. The job holder will work closely with other Accounting team members and colleagues of UK Tax.
- Prepare UK VAT return and Intrastat by extracting data from various IT applications, verifying the data, analysing transaction by applying UK VAT rules
- Conduct product, fees/charges, transactional reviews by following internal SOPs and HMRC VAT compliance guidance
- Ensure the compliance with UK VAT compliance rules by reviewing/addressing any changes in the data supplied for VAT Return purposes both driven by changes in IT applications and in business.
- Maintain UK VAT Records by keeping in order relevant VAT Return files and maintaining an audit trail for any transactions which were reviewed as part of VAT Return preparation process.
- Initiate and implement improvements in relation to the VAT return preparation process;
The company are looking for someone with prior UK experience in VAT and/or Indirect tax, gained either in practice or in industry.
Prior experience of working in financial services is beneficial but is not required.
The role comes with a salary of circa £65k-£75k plus benefits package and supports remote working / working from home.
Apply now to find out more and to see the full job description