We are seeking dynamic and outgoing individuals with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to join the team to work as a Content Acquisition Editor working on the open research publishing platform F1000Research and the newly launched Open Research Europe platform for our funder partner, the European Commission.
The key purpose of this role is to commission high-quality article submissions across the broad scope of these platforms. With such a broad scope, we have positions open for developing content across a range of STEM subject areas including Science Technology and Medicine, Social Sciences and Engineering. This role will involve detailed analysis of academic fields and growth areas, understanding of the breadth of research outputs in those areas, and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of our outstanding open research publishing approach to ultimately drive a proven pipeline of new article content. This will also involve building relationships and growing loyalty with the wider research community, as well as educating these communities about the open research publishing model. The candidate will need to implement and refine strategies for content development and generate ideas to support the development of new strategies for increasing article submissions across the platform.
What you will be doing:
* Regularly conduct structured analysis of relevant academic fields using a range of tools to resolve areas of growth against a range of key parameters and hence potential opportunities for commissioning
* Identify key target individuals and groups in those communities and use this to develop and implement structured commissioning plans
* Introduce research communities to F1000Research, Open Research Europe and all F1000's open research activities
* Network and engage with key target researchers and research groups through a range of approaches including 1:1 discussion, presentations/webinars, conference attendance etc.
* Connect with high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects (thematic collections and submissions) and ultimately recruit them to act as key ambassadors and advocates to encourage submissions from their community
* Build strong networks with a range of research communities, and maintain regular contact with researchers regarding editorial projects
* Day-to-day management of editorial projects, liaising with authors, advisors, and other key partners as the first point of contact for enquiries as required
* Deliver against targets for submissions across the platform and within specific subject areas
* Liaise closely with Marketing on developing and delivering supportive resources and marketing activities
* Liaise closely with colleagues in the Publishing and Editorial teams, as well as with the broader F1000 Content Acquisition team on content development strategies to maximise opportunities
* Provide administrative support for the Open Research Europe commissioning programme, maintaining quality contact data and contributing to workflow improvements