Security Assurance Advisor
Business Unit: Base Services
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Starting salary: £ 32,020
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Security Assurance Advisor.
The main purpose of your role is to ensure that Babcock is compliant and effective in supporting and delivering Security against Nuclear Regulation and FMSP Contractual conditions for the Devonport site. Working collaboratively with the customer to optimise security arrangements ensuring compliance and looking for continuous improvements in all areas.
This is a full time role working in N215 as part of the DRDL Security Team, providing first level Security Assurance across both nuclear and non-nuclear areas within DRDL. There will be times where you are required to attend all areas of the Devonport Site.
* To deliver a professional level 1 assurance service and interface for the Devonport site.
* Support security management on integrated security assurance activity to allow decision making at the level where influence can take place.
* Analyse security performance metrics and indicators and support identification of factors where security deficiencies in DRDL security arrangements are identified.
* Identify trends in security performance and potential security risks before they materialise and provide innovative security solutions to business units to deliver the required security effects in the most effective and efficient manner.
* Write corrective action plans, developed on the basis of internal assurance findings and monitored their implementation as appropriate.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need CPNI Training pathway qualification, Nuclear security experience and excellent customer skills.
Would also like you to have experience in the following:
* Programme delivery, with Excellent Policy, Regulation and Governance interpretation.
* Completed or willing to complete formal Assurance/Auditors ISO qualification.
* Completed or willing to complete CPNI training pathway;
- Digital CPNI Foundation
- Protecting my Asset (Deter, Detect, Delay)
- Follow on courses to the digital training pathway
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click . Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing date: 23/09/2021