As the Learning From Experience (LFE) Coordinator, you will support delivery of the SDA, the wider Submarine Enterprise and the Defence Nuclear Organisation's (DNO) LFE agenda, ensuring that learning from events is shared across the organisations as necessary.
In this role, you will co-ordinate, develop and implement mechanisms for the collection and dissemination of LFE across the SDA and Submarine Enterprise, as well as external bodies as appropriate.
Due to the nature of the project involved, this role will require applicants to be sole UK Nationals. This post is nominally located at Bristol, though location can be flexible. Some travel will be required to stakeholder and other sites on occasion.
In this role, you will use your keen interest in safety to demonstrate awareness of how the effective translation of learning from experience positive changes in culture, processes and behaviour can benefit organisations and the people who work in them.
Your key responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Collating and analysing methodologies used to capture LFE in stakeholder organisations and present options to optimise the sharing and usage of information
* Ensuring that identified LFE is disseminated via the relevant channels, establishing effective routes for dissemination of LFE and monitor whether recommended changes have been made
* Providing ongoing support to the planning, organising and running of Safety Culture initiatives, including the Peer Review programme, SDA Safety Days and Safety Symposiums
* Drafting a new pan-SDA LFE Policy, engaging with stakeholders to do so
* Understanding (non-SDA) stakeholder arrangements for collecting LFE and liaise with the relevant contacts within each organisation
* Using your excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels, to challenge and support delivery teams and industry partners on good and best practice with regard to LFE
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Hold a relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification in an Engineering or Environmental related subject, or equivalent experience in industry
* Hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineering or Science professional registration, or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
* Demonstrable experience of providing technical advice
* A good depth and breadth of technical engineering experience in your own specialism
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience within a regulated industry such as Maritime, Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Nuclear, Petrochemical, or similar
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Stakeholder and Comms Management
* Application of Analytical Techniques
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee's ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within DE&S - and it's one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within DE&S and our industry partners and professional bodies.
To view the 'Little Book of Big Benefits', please click
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Applicants' CVs are assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - Applicants will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy