Business Information Risk Analyst (BIRA)
£45,000 - 50,000 + benefits
My client, a leading professional services consultancy is actively recruiting for an experienced Business Information Risk Analyst (BIRA) to support the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) service to effectively manage information security risk. This role will play a key part in ensuring the effectiveness of the information security risk management framework, procedures, and information security control framework.
The Business Information Risk Analyst BIRA will take responsibility for assessing information security risk with the business and ensure that those risks are being managed by the risk owners. Where decisions are made to accept, reduce, share or avoid, the BIRA will ensure appropriate visibility and governance committees are informed.
Essential experience for the position of Business Information Risk Analyst (BIRA)
* Knowledge and experience of information security risk management frameworks and procedures
* Experience of formal risk identification, assessment, and quantification methods
* Knowledge of stakeholder engagement and management to achieve defined outcomes
* Highly self-motivated with keen attention to detail.
* The ability to build good relationships at all levels and influence stakeholders
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Listens and communicates technical subjects to both technical and nontechnical audiences, flexes style to suit the needs of the audience.
* Ability to work with others effectively, with 3rd parties, internal teams, promoting knowledge sharing within and across teams.
* A good understanding of security frameworks including ISO27001/2, Cyber Essentials Plus, CIS Top 20, Data Protection Act 2018, OWASP Top 10.
* Have a relevant industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, BRMP or similar