Mobile Fire & Security Engineer - Scotland / Lothians
Are you a Fire and Security Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to work for a leading M&E provider?
An exciting opportunity to join an established M&E company based across the Lothians
CBW Staffing Solutions are currently recruiting for a Mobile Fire and Security Engineer, you will be expected to visit multiple commercial properties to complete the service and maintenance of a wide range of fire alarm systems and security systems, to ensure compliance for all of the customers. The candidate ideally will have previous experience of working on different types of fire alarm systems, such as conventional, bi-wire and addressable systems and will be expected to have some formal qualifications such as that provided by the FIA. This position would be ideal for a Fire Alarm and Security Engineer currently in a similar position who is looking for a new challenge. In return the company is offering a competitive salary of 31K depending on experience, with a possible route into further career progression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing & rectifying faults on a variety of fire alarm systems, disabled refuge systems & emergency lighting systems. You will also be tasked with helping to enhance/develop the service business, working in a professional manner as both an individual and within the team.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 16.30pm
40 hour week
Key duties & Responsibilities
* Routine & annual servicing of systems
* Responding to emergency breakdowns
* Servicing & Commissioning of portable fire fighting equipment
* Participation of the engineer callout rota as directed by the Service Manager
* Utilise knowledge of fire alarm & detection the system, emergency lights, disable refuge systems & access control system
* Liaising with Customers and Staff (internal & external)
* General Administrative duties
* Confident & professional communication (both written & oral),
* Proficient use of IT to record and update company records
* Interpret data ensuring attention to detail & accuracy
* Ensure workload is planned & prioritised in accordance with business needs
* Present a smart, professional appearance to customers & suppliers at all times
* Deliver flexibility in terms of working hours to meet the demands of the business.
* Basic Salary of £31,000
* 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
* Full company uniform
* Overtime in line with JIB rates
* Lots of OT available evening and weekends
* Branded Company Vehicle
* Branded Work wear
* Full PPE
* PDA/Mobile Phone
* Fuel Card (for business use)
* Pension Scheme