Principal Electronics Engineer
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Principal Electronics Engineer to join our Engineering team in Royston. The Principal Electronics Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all electronic systems are fit for purpose in terms of functionality, quality, cost and reliability. The role will collaborate closely with other functions to ensure the development and maintenance of robust design processes.
Key accountabilities include:
* Own the electronics design process; ensuring that it remains fit for purpose and is correctly applied.
* Mentor/ coach engineers in the Electronics team and provide hands-on design when required.
* Act as the technical authority for electronics design for both in-house and bought in sub-systems.
* Provide direct input to the sub-system roadmaps, leading to a portfolio of electronic systems that can be sustained and scaled at industrial quality levels as the business continues to grow.
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant compliance standards, ensuring they are embodied in design processes and project plans.
* Collaborate with project leaders to produce detailed technical requirements and specifications for electronic sub-systems.
* Own the quality of electronic designs, systems and components, enabling the business to achieve industrial levels of quality for PCBs.
* Initiate and own timely problem solving actions to address production and field issues with electronic designs.
* Ensure that all electronics developments follow design guidance for manufacture, assembly, service and test.
* Collaborate across the business to ensure that electronics designs work seamlessly with software, mechanical and other design elements.
What You Need to Succeed
* Degree in Electronics Engineering.
* Strong level of experience working on similar complex products, ideally a background within the automotive, defence or aerospace industries.
* Design experience in digital electronics for industrial / commercial products where cost, quality and reliability are paramount.
* Design experience in analogue power and high voltage electronics for industrial / commercial products where cost, quality and reliability are paramount.
* Hands-on design experience of at least two full product lifecycles.
* Experience as the electronics lead / architect for at least one full product lifecycle.
Our Offer to You
* Competitive Salary
* Employee bonus scheme
* Life assurance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong