To lead our team and to support our operations in our Chandler's Ford Workshop, we are looking to invite applications for the position of Workshop Manager. This busy role will ensure the smooth running of the Workshop and ensure utilisation of resources, materials and equipment in a cost effective manner.
The Workshop Manager will be responsible for pump servicing, maintenance, repairs, modifications and improvements within the Workshop.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Manager:
* To set a professional example of good workmanship, management, discipline and ensure that all Company property and equipment is maintained to the required Company and manufacturers standard to prevent any accident or injury to any person or damage to Company property
* Have open communication with the Branch Manager with regards to material expenditure.
* To procure parts and spares where necessary to make sure equipment is available to hire as soon as possible within the approved authority limits
* Ensure clear, open and effective working relationships and channels of communication are maintained.
* Suggest improvements to work methods, systems, procedures and equipment that is likely to reduce waste and cost and ensure the implementation of those improvements when approved.
* Ensure that all the necessary administration and records required for the control of work within the department is accurately completed and submitted to the Branch Manager in a timely manner.
* To ensure that any equipment returned damaged follows the procedure for documenting this to allow for customer recovery where applicable.
Maintain records, returns and other administration in line with Company procedures and guidelines.
* To liaise directly with customer's over the phone with any mechanical breakdowns. Guidance to be given for customer to try and resolve without the attendance of a Selwood engineer, or to organise a suitable engineer to attend the breakdown, keeping the customer informed throughout.
* To accept in an emergency after hour telephone calls so as to maintain twenty-four-hour cover when required.
* In conjunction with Branch Manager, control of overtime within set limitations as set by the Director / Branch Manager.
* Supervise, monitor-approved workshops training programmes for staff as necessary.
* Assist with the continuous training and development and performance of all workshop staff.
* To be responsible for the performance quality and standard of work produced by all workshop staff.
* With the Branch Managers involvement select, interview, evaluate and employ any additional or replacement workshop staff.
* To carry out Job Chat with all direct reports in line with company policies and ensure that all employees recruited demonstrate a suitable level of competence to perform their duties safely and effectively.
Skills & Competencies for this role:
* Historical career within the equipment hire or allied industry at similar level, or a solid history within the equipment hire industry at relevant level.
* Apprenticeship or NVQ in Mechanical Engineering or similar
* Good sound knowledge of operational experience within a customer focused high demanding role.
* Being able to understand and work to financial plans.
* Proven history within leading and managing a team.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, 24 days holiday + BH, Workplace Pension and Government Childcare voucher scheme.
Selwood are committed to the continual development and training of our staff.
This role is not open to Agencies - Please no calls or emails - Thank you.
The recruitment of this role will be within strict social distancing guidelines as advised by the UK Government.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
We will review your data as supplied to us as part of your application to us in relation to an open position within our business.
We will retain your data for a period of 24 months, when you will be notified by us via email to give your consent for continued retention of details or your consent for your data to be removed from our recruitment system.
Please visit our website to know more about our Customer Privacy and Data Protection Information